Thursday, March 17, 2011

Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord

Something that Jesus has made evident to me, living here in Keller Park, is that we can not adequately love in our own strength. The mountains and barriers that abide here are too big. There is so much we try to accomplish here and many things we want to do but Zechariah 4:6 always comes back to my heart;

"Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord of hosts."

By His Spirit the sick are healed, the hungry are fed, the lost are found. When I ask God how this is possible, He keeps saying, bring my people together before me, to pray.
Throughout His word He continues to say ASK me! Seek me out.... in Everything.... in all circumstances. Don't give up meeting together. I made you as a body to work together in unity. And when a few of us get together to pray I am reminded that is not about us anyway. It is all about HIM. Our Maker, our Father, our beloved Savior and Friend.

Saturday nights (usually 7-8:30, or 9-10:30) have simply been a small portion of time to seek His Face together for our neighborhood and for our church. And to seek out unity as we surrender and worship Him with music, scripture, silence, and praying.

ALL to Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment